Capacity Building Learning Sessions
As a result of my ongoing work I have developed and implemented several half day learning sessions focusing on deepening math content knowledge. These sessions are based on the most current research published by the Ontario Ministry of Education and my years of learning in a variety of math classrooms. The sessions are designed to be interactive and include a variety of tasks often using manipulatives to be implemented in classrooms. In consultation with you I can adapt these to your situation or design something to meet your specific needs.
- Proportional Reasoning
- Going Deeper With Proportional Reasoning
- A Focus on Fractions Thinking
- A Focus on Fractions Thinking and Measurement
- Operational Sense – Fluency With Numbers
- Developing Operational Sense – Student Generated Strategies
- Building Procedural Fluency from Conceptual Understanding
- Spatial Reasoning
Job-Embedded Math Coaching
With job-embedded math coaching I facilitate small group sessions focusing on co-planning a math lesson, implementing the lesson in the classroom, observing students, analyzing student work and planning for next steps. I also collaborate with teachers on an individual basis. I can support and enhance the work of board level math coaches.